Gain a competitive edge in your proposal, project, or grant application. The College Research and Evaluation Services Team (CREST) engages Arizona State University researchers and the local community in the evaluation and research process from start to finish. The services provided include writing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for grant proposals, framing evaluation questions, creating evaluation plans and research designs, implementing data collection, analyzing data, interpreting results, and disseminating the findings.
CREST provides services and support at the proposal stage with the expectation of the evaluation contract award when the project is funded. In addition, CREST provides ad hoc evaluation services and technical support after project funding for a nominal fee.
- Collaboration and development
CREST collaborates with grant staff to develop a customized research and evaluation plans that reflect the program’s context, capacity, and overarching goals. We can work with you to:
- Develop a logic model.
- Assist with defining and aligning program outcomes with goals.
- Determine sample and comparison groups.
- Create a customized evaluation design to measure program impact.
Using mixed methodologies, we help you develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and methods that best align with program goals to measure impact. CREST will help:
- Define measurable outcomes.
- Design data collection tools.
- Utilize appropriate statistical methods to measure program impact.
- Validate results and provide interpretation of findings.
- Data collection and analysis
CREST has experienced researchers who will help programs determine what data to collect for making evidence-based decisions. We strive to provide rigorous data collection methods that will not overburden programs or participants. Examples of techniques we use include:
- Needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Survey design and administration.
- Focus groups, observations, case studies, interviews.
- Longitudinal participant tracking.
- Descriptive and inferential data analysis.
- Data management.
CREST services include customized reporting options for your project based on the reporting requirements of the funder. Reporting examples include, but are not limited to:
- Interim progress reports.
- Annual progress reports.
- Required funding agency reports.
- PowerPoint presentations.
- Evaluation reports.
- Summary briefs.
- One page visuals.
Wendy Barnard, Director, CREST
Payne Hall 122
1000 S. Forest Mall
Tempe, AZ 85287-2111